Date(s) - 03/02 - 03/03
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Ever wonder how pure maple syrup is produced? Discover through hands-on demonstrations and crafts as you tap into the fun of Maple Sugaring Weekends.
The journey begins with a wagon ride into the maple woods to the Woodland Center. There, you can take part in the maple sugaring process. Kids learn how to tap a tree with hands-on guidance from Farmpark staff. The whole family gets involved collecting sap contained in collection buckets hung on the maple trees. Move indoors to watch the water-like substance you helped collect boiled and processed into pure maple syrup and other naturally-sweet products.
Farmpark’s very own pure maple syrup and other maple items are available for sale in both the Woodland Center and Gift Shop.
Maple sugaring-themed activities:
• Tap a maple tree by hand
• See how maple candy is made
• Sample pure maple syrup and maple candy
• Whip up your own tasty treat with maple stirs (additional fee applies)
• Learn how to make maple syrup in your own backyard
• Sample maple syrup on silver dollar pancakes
• Create a maple craft
• Make ice cream and taste the results
• Pony rides (additional fee applies)
Pancakes served all day in J&J Café (additional fee applies). No registration necessary.
Regular Farmpark admission or membership applies.
Please leave your pets at home!
Pets are not permitted into Lake Metroparks Farmpark.