Date(s) - 09/08
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Together we’ll explore the amazing world of bugs that surround us while having fun with buggy stories, crafts, activities, exhibits, and more!
Adults and kids alike will enjoy the amazing bug exhibits designed to entertain, enlighten and educate about the importance of bugs in our lives. View live bug encounters and a wide variety of carefully mounted insects on display. Children can earn their “Bugology” degree by participating in bug-themed activities, encouraging learning and play at the same time.
• See the live animals at the Kevin P. Clinton Wildlife Center and try some buggy snacks!
• Miniature train rides 1 to 3 pm, weather permitting, courtesy of the Lake Shore Live Steamers.
For safety reasons, pregnant women are not permitted to ride the trains.
• Refreshments available for purchase onsite.
In & Around the Nature Center
• Interactive nature exhibits and displays
• The award-winning “Window on Wildlife”
• Hike the scenic trails, enjoy a picnic
• Browse the Nature Store the for bug-themed gifts ideas and birdfeeders, t-shirts, field guides, toys, children’s books and more. The Nature Store is open 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.